Additional Funding / Pupil Premium
Whitfield Valley Primary School Additional Funding
In September 2018, the school received additional funding under the title “Pupil Premium” We have been given an additional £240,000 to spend on enhancing the children’s learning experiences.
This year we have planned to spend the money as follows:
- To provide all DAY school educational visits at a small cost to parents and to subsidise ALL residential visits by at least 70%. A list of all visits undertaken throughout the year can be found in the School Prospectus.
- To develop quality first teaching provision through the appointment of a ‘Teacher Educator’ who will support all new practitioners to ensure no time is lost in children receiving outstanding provision on a day-to-day basis.
- Further develop intervention provision through quality development of support staff; delivered through the newly appointed Assistant Head Teacher in order to raise attainment for lower attaining pupils across the academy.
- To provide further computer equipment (touch screen laptops and tablets) for the children to access a variety of learning through IT.
- To provide additional support to children in Year 6 in preparation for their Key Stage 2 SAT tests.
- To provide additional specialist support for the disadvantaged children in Year 2 in preparation for their transition into Key Stage 2.
- To provide enrichment activities for the children to support their musical appreciation through the employment of a music specialist to deliver throughout the school.
- To provide 6 themed days, 1 each half term, to celebrate different cultures and their celebrations. We organise a variety of different companies into the school to provide a programme of multi cultural events throughout the year. Full details can be found on the SMSC page of the website.
- To purchase a new school uniform (jumper and tie) for every child registered at the school in September 2018.
- To provide a rucksack for all children entering KS2 and a book bag to all children entering the EYFS in September 2018.
We know that the children benefit greatly from this and enjoy the additional opportunities given to them through this funding.
The impact of this funding is seen through the high levels of achievement and progress of the pupils at the school and their enthusiasm and behaviour towards learning is outstanding. Please see below for percentage attainment breakdown of children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Impact Of Funding 2017/2018
File size: 0.1MB (PDF File)
Sport Premuim Spend 2018/2019
File size: 0.2MB (PDF File)